THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
MD/DO – VP Quality (Health System)
East Coast Location
Tired of the cold this winter? Want to enjoy a career that offers a quality of life with lower tax rates and ability to enjoy more time with your family - yet still enjoy a significant professional body of work in a financially sound organization committed to turning heads nationally with achieving significant awards in quality performance?
Our client is seeking an emerging physician leader who has very strong data skills, to dive into the numbers, analyze to solve problems, and work along side the teams to implement the system strategic HRO objectives to improving quality, safety, and performance improvement with a sense of urgency and willingness to “roll up sleeves”.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer for the system, this position will be responsible for supporting people and creating systems that increase patient and staff safety, quality of care and the efficacy of clinical interventions, yielding outcomes that enhance the system’s positon as the quality of care leader of the region. In addition, will continuously support the system’s Medical Staff in its efforts to provide consistent, integrated and overall exceptional care to patients, in an environment that is supportive of provider health that exemplifies the mission and values of the organization.
Accountabilities: The VP of Quality and Medical Affairs holds accountability for the Department of Quality, Safety and Continuous Improvement, as well as the Medical Staff overall, and the support staff of the Medical Staff Office.
The ideal candidate will be a board-certified physician with:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in medical staff leadership and guiding improvement in systems of quality and safety at a complex medical center and small system with significant experience in performance improvement methodologies and HRO principles to educate and lead staff in implementation.
- High emotional intelligence to lead at the system level and engage stakeholders in the HRO journey that has commenced.
- Training and knowledge of use of data analytics to drive efficiency and outcomes at the point of care, and to support management decision making.
- Digitally savvy and passionate in the use of electronic health records, and in supporting system design that enhances provider efficiency, accuracy and ease of use.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice and hospital medical staff experience, with a reputation and track record of clinical excellence.
This search is being led by Sue Forster, Managing Partner at The Healthcare Initiative. Please contact Sue.Forster@thehealthcareinitiative.com for expressing your interest in learning more or sharing referrals in confidence.