Physician Leader – Senior Medical Director – Employed Physician Group
East Coast Location
Are you a freshly minted master’s prepared physician who is eager to impact patient care at a larger scale than one patient encounter at a time? You can grow your career with one of the top financially stable organizations that offers a terrific quality of life, lower tax rates, and yet a significant body of work that will satisfy you professionally and help you on your career trajectory. Enjoy a challenging opportunity with a smaller health system that is more nimble to adapt to the changing landscape where decisions ARE made locally that impact physicians in the outpatient/ambulatory environment.
Our client is seeking an emerging physician leader who desires to be at the helm in the outpatient/ambulatory setting of leading positive change through the continuum of care, bridging the needs of patients with the clinical staff in the larger health system. It’s an organization with a great culture, terrific people, and leading innovative initiatives to improve healthcare in their communities.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer for the system, this position will provide clinical leadership to the Group’s transformation to a clinical delivery system that succeeds in a value driven health care environment. You will help drive clinical integration and consistency of care throughout the medical group by setting clear expectations, and at times working as the facilitator between administration and clinicians. The Senior Medical Director may identify needed new programs/services and make recommendations for new offerings. The population health team will report to this individual.
The ideal candidate will be a board-certified physician with:
- Minimum of 3 years recent clinical experience and minimum of two years of medical directorship experience or progressive administrative responsibilities, program development or committee work.
- Master’s in Health Care Administration; Quality/Population Health, MBA or related field.
- Must have recent ambulatory care experience in a clinic outpatient setting. (This is not hospital based.)
- High emotional intelligence to lead at the system level and engage stakeholders in the value driven journey with demonstrated experience leading change initiatives.
- Training and knowledge of use of data analytics to drive efficiency and outcomes at the point of care, and to support management decision making.
- Digitally savvy and passionate in the use of electronic health records (Epic preferred), supporting system design that enhances provider efficiency, accuracy and ease of use. (HOWEVER THIS NOT AN INFORMATICS ROLE, it’s leading the primary care and specialty clinic providers in the medical group)
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Excellent communication skills and ability to navigate and lead effectively in a complex matrixed environment in a collaborative manner with stakeholders
This search is being led by Sue Forster, Managing Partner at The Healthcare Initiative. Please contact Sue.Forster@thehealthcareinitiative.com for expressing your interest in learning more or sharing referrals in confidence.